Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Thursday, October 14, 2010

“Well-behaved women rarely make history.” What???

Have you seen these bumper stickers or signs around?  At first I chuckled and then my chuckle turned into a "whatever!!!" (insert attitude).  I know this is just more feminist culture stuff...the funny thing is, I wouldn't categorized myself as well behaved.  Maybe to the person (who is of the world) who made up this saying, would consider me "well-behaved" LOL!!!  (seriously funny...well-behaved and me in the same sentence.  I've just never seen it before.  I know my family is laughing right now.)

Well regardless of whether I am well behaved or not, I begged a differ on the history part.  Each morning I wake up, I am making history.  If I am to raise up godly children to send out into the world, I would like to think that counts for making history. Whatever is taught here in my home will forever be imprinted upon their little hearts to affect the world with either good or evil. 

We have all seen generations destroyed due to some pretty bad choices.  We have also seen amazing generations rise up due to some "well-behaved" behavior.  The spiritual tone you set does make a difference.


Either way though...you will make history.


A wise woman builds her home, But the foolish woman tears it down with her own hands.  Prov. 14:1


As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.  Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.  Psalms 127:4&5


BTW...I was wondering who wrote this and this is what I found...


Writing an article about little-studied Puritan funeral services, Ulrich included the phrase "well-behaved women seldom make history." The phrase was picked up and soon was widely quoted and printed across the country.  Laurel Thatcher Ulrich self-identifies as an active Feminist and Mormon, and has written with great insight about her experiences.




No comments:

Post a Comment