Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Friday, October 8, 2010

Do I Sense Some Discernment in this Child

**********Pause Music Player************



So the other day while doing our chores we were listening to our worship music and this was the song that stuck in my daughters head.  The only thing was she kept singing "Oh the wonderful God."  So I corrected her and told her the song was the wonderful cross.   She said "oh okay" and that was the end of that.  Later that day we were walking into the store and she said..."Mom, why does the song say the wonderful cross?  Jesus is not on the cross anymore, He got off...So why wouldn't we sing "Oh the wonderful God?"  I told her I loved her heart and her thinking.  Of course I understand the song and she knows that He died for her on the cross but in her little head she is thinking, why are we singing about a piece of wood and not the person.

She has gone back to singing Oh the wonderful God and that's fine with me.  It's her heart attitude that floored me!!!





1 comment: