Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Thursday, October 28, 2010

5 Years ago today, I got a phone call...

"You need to sit down" is what she said.  "Oookay" totally perplexed??  And then she said  "Are you sitting down?"  With a giggle I replied "Yes, I am sitting down" wondering why the heck she would want me to sit down, I mean, if she was going to tell me that the birth mom chose us I would be really excited and do a little dance but to sit down was dramatizing it a bit.  She continued on with, "well, the birth mom chose you"  of course I said, "Great!"  and then...there it was, the reason she had me sit down..."and the birth mom is having contractions...you are going to be a mom anytime now."  Jaw on the floor, eyes staring into space, completely confused?????  She continued on to tell me that the adoptive parents they planned on going with fell through, the reasons why the birth mom chose us, and all the details about the birth mom which took a few minutes.  Of course my eyes were still big as saucers, my mouth was still catching flies and I must have looked like a deer in head lights....THEN she said it... the question and response I will never forget to this day, the question that caused me to blink, close my mouth and come back to reality... "do you want to know what you are having?"  Well of course after going through a 7 year journey of infertility filled with many many MANY tears, and pleading with the Lord for children,  I really didn't care if she said I was going to have a frog!!  She said..."Jeni, you are going to have a baby girl"  Phone drop to the floor, knees drop to the floor...uncontrollable tears of joy and praise flooding my face. I will never forget that day, the day a simple phone call changed our lives forever!


Hebrews 11:1



4 comments:

  1. I remember that weekend so vividly! What an incredible testimony your family has in the Lord growing your family in His time with His children

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the chills and tears in my eyes reading your story. The Lord is faithful and knows the desires of our hearts! Praise God for each of your amazing girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe Jeni you make me cry retelling that story. I remember we were out of town that weekend and came home Sunday night to a message from you that you had big news. I could not believe that in a weekend your baby came home! You have amazing stories about all of your children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that day so clearly and the story still makes me cry. Wow, has it really been 5 years??????

    ReplyDelete