Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Ruffled Feathers got a New Name

Some of you may or may not have noticed Ruffled Feathers got a new name.  It has been a thought in my head and in my heart for a while but I finally  1. got around to doing it and  2. felt the push in my heart to do it and do it now.



Originally when I named the blog Ruffled Feathers I truly had good intentions and believe it or not it was not in my heart to set out and ruffle feathers.  But with a name like that, you'd think it was.  And that was the main reason why I really felt the name needed to be changed.  I really don't want to be know as the feather ruffler. The thing I love about blogs is it's a way we all get to share our thoughts, opinions and whatever else our heart desires.  I knew I was never going to please everyone BUT that was never my intention nor will it ever be.  I love you though :)

In my very first post I stated that I have been known for ruffling feathers, rocking the boat, challenging...whatever you want to call it.  And that was the reason I had named it ruffle feathers.  I was the one growing up who always got in trouble for my mouth.  I do love to talk, well not always, but when it comes to really good deep topics I do.  Don't get me wrong, I love to listen too!!  I am constantly seeking out information and passing on information about education, family, cultural things etc.... And I sometimes like to write about the things God is doing in this family... in other words, transparent living.  Lets face it though,  those topics are sensitive topics and we are not all going to agree on those topics ( that's ok!) but, not only are we not all going to agree, some may get their feathers ruffled (upset, bent out of shape...) for one reason or another.  

If you know me, you know I am the best person to ask..."does this make my butt look big?"  Sometimes you don't even need to ask me...I'll just come out and tell you! (some of my friends know that too well  "slutty pants" inside joke)  BUT,  that's because I appreciate those who do the same with me (all in love of course).  I am finding out though, there are some people who just want to hear the positive, mushy gushy, feel good, your butt looks good in everything, lovie dovie stuff.  And if that is the case, most of the time you won't get that here.  But the good thing is...there are great blogs out there that will leave you with that  chicken soup for the soul kind of feeling.

As simple as the name "Raising Family" is, I have to tell you it was not easy coming up with the new name and I am not totally settled with this one.  I went with "Raising Family" because well, we are raising a family and... my url is www.rffortoday.blogspot.com/   and I didn't want to have to change my url so I stuck with the RF.  A friend was helping me out and you should have heard some of the funny names we were coming up with..."Reformed Feminine napkins"...Reformed Fiddidilydinks" and so many more but I will spare you.  


These things I command you, that you love one another.  John 15:17


















No comments:

Post a Comment