Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Saturday, October 9, 2010

God's good sense of humor.

So if you know my oldest you all know that she is the talking queen!!  We are constantly having her mouth take a time out.  She will make your ears bleed if you let her...which we don't.  Today she got to have some special big girl time and go to a baby shower with mama.  Hubby and I try to have a kid with us wherever we go so they can learn from us how to socialize and as you know, education is lurking around every corner.  Her and I spoke before hand on having good manners, remaining calm...you know all that parenting blah blah blah talk.


So we arrived at the shower and we were instantly greeted by a girl I know through a friend.  I don't know her real well nor do I see her often, but can I just tell you, I have never, on this face of this earth, EVER met someone who can talk like her.  Seriously from the time she greeted us, until the shower was over, no exaggeration....she never stopped talking.


Sooooo, here's the greatest part of it all.  We got in the car and my VERY TALKATIVE daughter said, "that girl talked a lot."  Of course I busted out laughing!!! Thank you Lord!!  While we were at the shower I have to confess, my heart was grumbling a bit because I missed all the cute things people were saying all around us and I missed the special things people were sharing with the new mother to be.  But, God knew what He was doing.  Education IS everywhere!  My daughter and I got to share a wonderful conversation about being self centered vs. being focused on others.  We also talked about constantly bringing attention to our self and being a good listener. 


God...you're good you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment