Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Capturing My Thoughts... In Writing

This whole 'thinking the best of others' is really hard, don't you think?

You know those certain people in your life that make you wonder if they just creatively says things to get under your skin?  Or, forget the creative part, they just blatantly say things because they know it will get under your skin (of course only if you let it.) 

Ever feel like there are some who are always trying to prove themselves or prove you wrong?  They try to sound so intellectual when disagreeing with you, only to make you feel stupid, but inside you just want to say, seriously, get your head out of your bootie!  And it would totally kill them to agree with you.


There's an itch there but it never gets scratched.  A big fat elephant in the room that is constantly ignored.  And you always wonder if this time will be the straw that will break the camels back?  Will it ever be rooted out?  

Is it me, or am I just crazy??? (don't answer that.)  Honestly I try hard to not think too much about this stuff because it could drive a person mad.  And really, it's so petty and a waist of the mind.  So, now if my mind does go there (which I guess is right now, since I am writing about it) I try to remember to pray for that persons heart, my heart and recite Hebrews 4:6 (thanks to our amazing Pastor who has repeatedly gone over this verse)....But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, "GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE."

Because you know what I mentioned above, it's all rooted in that icky poo poo pride.  And I do trust, that in time, God will root it out.


Definitely not saying for one single second that I am above all of this, cause I most certainly am NOT!!!  Just saying, it is on my mind. So....I am pondering, meditating, praying and soaking up truth....instead of letting my mind "go there".


We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ...  2 Corinthians 10:5

When writing this a certain person, who is totally opposite of what I just wrote, came to mind.  We get a long really well, we enjoy each others company and I know for a fact we do not agree on everything but for some reason, it works.  We have no problem discussing the things we disagree on.  We ask each other questions about the things we disagree on and try to understand each other better.  We laugh about our disagreements or maybe cry.  We challenge each other in love.  It's authentic.  She laughs at me when I make a complete butt of myself.  And I with her.  There is no competition, no insecurity in our friendship... a true sign of her security in Christ.  It is so refreshing to be with her.  

It really takes two, who are secure in Christ, to have a great relationship because with each others short comings and pride etc. etc. without Christ, one is usually working harder than the other.  Which is sometimes Gods plan too, for a season.  

We are just called to love and of course search our own hearts and then let God do the work...because without a shadow of a doubt I know He will!


No comments:

Post a Comment