Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Daily Letting Go

Once again I am reminded it is the Lord who protects my children.  As much as I try and try I might, I will always fail.  They are not mine, they are His.  They come with a plan and a purpose.  And in the short time I have with these little blessings I am reminded that my sole responsibility is to point them in His direction in every way possible.

Last night was no exception.  I am always reminding our oldest that she is not in control well last night it was God reminded me I am not in control.  Our littlest was found with an empty bottle of benadryl in her hand and the smell in her mouth.  We have NO CLUE where she got it from since all of our medication is kept up high in a kitchen cabinet, a cabinet I myself cannot reach.  It was a busy night, a lot of rushing around but this definitely stop us in our tracks.  I called poison control and the fact that we did not know how much was in the bottle to begin with and now that it was empty, they told us we had no option but to have her observed at the ER.  They of course had to tell me every scary thing that could possible happen!!   So off to the ER we went.  After four hours of observation, Madi being diagnosed with RSV (doc didn't like the sound of her cough) and a lot of prayer and meditation we were home safe and sound.

After she was all tucked away in her bed and sleeping like baby I told my husband that I could not imagine living the hospital life.  I also know too that it could easily be us.  So many sick kids out there.  So much pain, so much hardship.  A trip to the ER turns into a weeks, months or years in and out of the hospital.  I am so thankful that yesterday He let us go home and was reminded once again of His sovereignty.  

God has been pounding me lately with a constant reminder of His sovereignty and I know well that there will come a day where that will be the only truth that will bring comfort.  Our family is about to embark on a very scary road ahead of us, something we have all been trying (and I say that with weakness) to prepare for for a long time and no matter what I do, God reminds me that He already did the planing and preparing.  He set forth the path, Isaiah 25:1 and I am not in control. There is nothing I can personally do to prepare myself except to decide to keep my eyes focused on the One guarantee, the One we can ALWAYS depend on, the First and the Last, the One who is perfect in Faithfulness Isaiah 25:1. 

Increase my weak faith Lord and increase Your Glory...however that looks?

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, can't believe that, how scary!! glad she is okay though....

    ReplyDelete