Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

An Early New Years Resolution

I mentioned before that I am going through an Isaiah study...Well yesterday while I was at my study the lecturer said something that convicted me.  


God's victories are not partial, they are gloriously complete...yet a lot of us Christians live a partial victory...we walk around feeling depressed, defeated, over-whelmed, or discouraged.  It kind of  makes me think of the over dramatic type of person.


It was convicting for me being a mother and wife.  Often times, in my heart, I feel defeated trying to keep this small house organized, with little room to do it.  Not to mention I am not an organized person!!!!  I too feel discouraged at times raising toddlers.  It requires a lot of repeating, discipline and encouragement and they STILL DON'T GET IT!  Just trying to keep up with life feels overwhelming to me at times 


Funny cause one of my favorite songs is Victory in Jesus.  


Going to try to live more victoriously in Jesus.  It's a good new years resolution, don't you think!


Makes me think of this verse:

These things I have spoken to you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.  John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment