Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Sunday, November 28, 2010

A verse to add to my favorites

I am doing a study right now in the book of Isaiah and man oh man is it AWESOME!!!  Not even half way through the book and I have a greater appreciation for my salvation!!  Today, while doing my homework I came across this verse...

O Lord, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; For You have worked wonders, Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness.  Isaiah 25:1

I think back to the hardships I have already endured and I am reminded of His perfect faithfulness.  I also think about the future hardships ahead of me, knowing they will come and I am once again encouraged by His sovereignty!!!  "Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness!!!!!" 


"Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness!!!!!"  Father forgive me that I still doubt, question, worry, make up excuses, and justify my plans.

1 comment:

  1. Such a great verse for me right now as I've been finding myself on my knees a lot lately with our "unexplained fertility". Nothing is "unexplained" in God's realm and I need to just give thanks for what I have and know that God formed plans for my family long ago, with perfect faithfulness. Thanks for the reminder! I'm going to post if to my computer for a daily reminder :-)

    ReplyDelete