Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ambassadors for Christ

In Church the other day I was reminded of my title in the family of God...An Ambassador for Christ.  It's a reminder Christians need to hear often.  I'm thinking we should have alarm clocks that wake us up saying...Remember, you are an ambassador for Christ today.   I speak for myself when I say this... we get so caught up in our titles weather it be a business owner, manager, employee, husband, father, brother, wife, sister, daughter, friend...you name it we all have our God given titles.  We forget these so called titles are vehicles, privileges He gave us so that we could do His good work and bring Him glory.  When we loose sight, our vehicles become vain and we begin to seek honor and glory for what our hands are doing.  Some of us let our titles go to our heads or we abuse our titles.  We desire to be noticed for what we are doing and how great we think we are doing it.   We begin to live under our own understanding and forget it is His yoke we carry and not our own.  "For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:30 

Such a privilege that God would see fit that my vehicle (so far) would be a daughter, wife, mother, sister, auntie, and friend.  I can tell when I start to take those vehicles into my own hands, the burden becomes so heavy and  I am no longer content in life. When the burden becomes heavy I  loose sight of His victory and I feel distraught, frustrated, discouraged, prideful, and MY expectations in life fail and leave me feeling hungry sometimes starving.  And if I am hungry most likely the ones around me are hungry since my focus has been on myself and not letting God use me for His purposes.  

I am so grateful for our pastor.  I am grateful for where he causes my mind to go most importantly where my heart goes.  








No comments:

Post a Comment