Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Sinner rebuking a sinner

Parenting is so humbling!!!!  So much of the time when I am disciplining my children I find myself saying "are you kidding me God?"  While admonishing them I am reminded of how guilty I am.  I guess that's the point.   Like I am one to tell them to obey?!?  Hey kids come here and let me discipline you for giving into your selfish ways, forget that mommy just did the same thing 2 seconds ago.


I will discipline them because I love them and because I am called to discipline.  Basically what I am saying is... OUCH!  The speck and the log picture has never been so clear!


Train up a child in the way he should go - but be sure you go that way yourself. ~Charles Spurgeon




2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of my mom! I remember her explaining to us kids that she was raising us to be better/more disciplined than she was. Sounds corny, but it worked for me! She was always so honest with her struggles and it actually encouraged me to strive for better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only hope they will do better then me :).

    I think being transparent with our children is a great idea. I'll never forget the transparency my dad showed. He didn't do it often but when he did it had a huge impact on me...it still impacts me to this day and I have shared that with him.

    ReplyDelete