Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Friday, August 6, 2010

James 5:16...It's Not Easy!!!

Confessing our sins to one another is never easy!  It takes courage and a fear of God to be able to do it.   Curious, do you think there is ever a time where you should not confess a sin?   I have heard reasons as to why people chose not to confess certain things but to me, so far, it has just sounded like a fear of man issue.  If we truly fear God wouldn't we want to handle our transgressions on this side of Heaven? As I have searched for wisdom in this area it seems pretty clear as to what scripture says.  James 5:16, Proverbs 28:13, Matthew 5:23-24 and there is more I could add to that.  

Why am I bringing this up??? There is a sin I am going to be confessing to someone very soon and I am not looking forward to it.  I am nervous as all get out, scared it could damage a relationship, worried this person won't forgive me, and I have been completely humbled right down to the dirty floor by my sin.  This is where the blood of Christ blows me away.  That He would choose to die for me!!!!

It would be so easy to sweep this under the rug and don't think that I have not been tempted to do that.  I have even had others tell me that it might not be best for me to confess this due to the repercussions. I understand that, and I know people are just trying to protect me and the feelings of the other person.  I get it, but do we not get the fact that God is so good and that He had a great plan when he said to confess our sins to one another?.?. Also, when dealing with the transgression, it has caused me to ask myself why did I commit that sin?  That's the real issue and it needed to be rooted out so that I would not be tempted to sin in this area again.


My prayer is that someone would read this and too be encouraged to do what is right by God.  I'll pray for you...if you'll pray for me.  I need it!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment