Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Friday, August 13, 2010

For or Against....

If we all understood this a little bit more, http://www.joyfullyathomeblog.com/2010/03/humanists-on-education_16.html,  I would hope we would re-think some of our decisions. 

I love this article, http://www.ncfic.org/weblogmodule/view/id/548/src,  for so many reasons.  One thing that stood out to me was that he realized he was actually working against what he knew to be true and right.

"As with most educators in the system, I have been sincere in my efforts to apply the doctrines of those we call the founding fathers of education, but I have realized that I have been sincerely wrong. My research into the real philosophies and beliefs behind men such as Rousseau, Dewey, Hall, etc. has opened my eyes. I am now aware that not only have I not been working for God, I have been working in complete opposition to Him. I mistakenly thought I was on neutral ground: there is no neutral territory."

Makes me think of this scripture:    Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.  Colossians 2:8

You are either for a cause, working to further the cause, supporting the cause or.... you are working against it.


In this case, the cause is Christ and Christian Education.


"Education is thus a most powerful ally of humanism, and every American school is a school of humanism. What can a theistic Sunday school's meeting for an hour a week and teaching only a fraction of the children do to stem the tide of a five-day program of humanistic teaching?" ~Charles F. Potter, in "Humanism: A New Religion     (Scary stuff!!)

I know some will say "we need more like him in our educational system".  I get what you are saying but don't miss the point here.  Education was never meant to be the federal governments responsibility.  It is actually contrary to the constitution, not to mention we have a government that works against God and good morals.  Matthew 12:30



No comments:

Post a Comment