Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Avatar

Someone at my husbands work gave this movie to us.  He said "You've got to watch this movie, it is soooooo good".  Of course it peaked my husbands interest and too, we have heard from a lot of people, even believers that the movie was really great.  Soooo we watched it last night.  I knew I was going to struggle throughout the movie cause I am such a realist and Fiction movies are not my thing.  Boy did I ever struggle!!!!  In so many ways.  Everything about this movie is wrong.  I am not a film critic and I never could be, but you don't need to be a film critic for this one, being a Christian with bit of discernment will do.


People in this lost world want to believe in something so bad........ just not Jesus.  We have friends that believe in aliens, not Jesus.  We also have friends who are so earthy, don't kill a tree/ save the animals.... extremist (don't hear me wrong on this, I believe we are to steward the earth God gave us) but this movie will only encourage that type of extreme thinking. 


Set your mind on the things that are above, not on the things that are upon the earth. Colossians 3:2


As heaven and earth are contrary one to the other, both cannot be followed together; and affection to the one will weaken and abate affection to the other.  ~Matthew Henery


To say the least this movie is from the pit of hell.  I know I am going to ruffle some feathers out there with this one but this movie has the potential to draw people further from the truth and that to me is demonic.  I know these statements are strong but what else would you call it?  This movie deals with false worship/ idols, becoming one with the earth and animals.  I know some believers will say, "but it's James Cameron and he is not a believer" and "it is just suppose to be a fun movie with great affects."  If you are a believer saying that, please do not say that to the unbelieving world.  Let the unbelieving world know why this movie is fiction and not just because it has blue people in it.


What also bothered me about the movie....... it makes the Govt. look like the bad guys.  Do I agree with the Govt. we have right now.....no, but we as believers are called to honor and pray for our Govt....... not rebel. 


A lot of believers have seen this movie and I have not heard bad things about it, which is sad.  Good comments have cycled all over Facebook, believers and non believers.  I am not seeing the difference between the believing world and the non-believing world.  These are great opportunities we need to take hold of!!!!!


I do believe God can use anything to bring Glory to Himself...ANYTHING!  This movie is a good example.  I just hope the Christian will be ready to explain why this movie does not sit well with him.


I don't agree with everything Marc Driscoll has to say but this one we are in agreement.......




Tolerance is the virtue of a man with out conviction.  ~G.K. Chesterton






No comments:

Post a Comment