Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Monday, May 7, 2012

Another Wooden Stump

Of all the places to find a wooden stump, Good Will was the last place I thought I would find one!!  This sucker is huge and HEAVY.  My dad and I had to roll it into a wheel barrel out of the car and then roll it out of the wheel barrel onto the carport.  Unfortunantly there is this other stupid piece of wood that was nailed to it and when I say nailed, I mean huge, thick monster nails!!!  So the first task was to remove the two pieces of wood.
 See the hammer behind the stump.  I spent a lot of time whacking the wood with the hammer.  If there was ever a time to get some aggression out, this was the time!!  I was whacking that sucker so hard!  I had sweat pouring out my pores!
Then came the crow bar.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.  I will seperate you!!!!

That little bit of separation took  F O R E V E R!!
What I was doing looked like so much fun to the girls so minus the hammer and crow bar, I let them try to separate it.  They decided...Hey if you can't seprate it, ride it!! They were having so much more fun than me. 

I finally did give up and ended up letting hubby take care of it.  Kind of funny cause he though it was going to be a breeze. 
 Unfortunately there were these weird draggon flies that were in the wood.  Some kind of indentation? What would I do without my sander!!



After sanding it I polyurethaned it with oil based poly and it really brought out the richness of the wood.  It's a seat outside for now but I have a feeling it's going to make it's way inside soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment