Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tug of War?

To give up something as certain as motherhood to pursue other things we call  "callings" is completely delusional (sorry is that too harsh, this video makes me want to puke).  If God has blessed you with children, without a doubt, that. is. your. calling!

This video is the world at it's best!  And extreme too...at least for my sheltered eyes.  I must admit though we see this on a lesser scale in the Christian community .  I see motherhood tugging at hearts competing with "other callings."  No doubt we have been gifted with other talents but I don't think they were intended to compete with being a mother or wife.  I'm trying hard to think if there are examples in the bible of a mothers conflicted with caring for her children full time, yet feeling like she is being pulled in a different direction?  I am coming up short.

WATCH VIDEO HERE




No comments:

Post a Comment