Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A GIFT!!!

Bare with me because my thoughts are so sparatic.  My heart is just bursting with joy and gratitude right now that I am afraid it is all going to come out jumbled.

So today in my Isaiah study our lecturer was speaking of our worth.  You know....Christ loves us so much that He DIED for us.  After the lecture the teacher and I were also talking about how we are a love gift from Father to the Son that the Son gives back to the Father. John 17 (read it, so AMAZING).  I am a love gift?  A GIFT TO CHRIST!!! WHOA!  This is what I think of when I think of a gift...It's something you choose for someone you love, something you know they will love.  Something that will bring them joy.  A gift is something that is thought out in advance because we want it to be the perfect gift.  And we all know that God can only give good gifts.  I am a good gift?????  Seriously??  Too, I am a gift that comes without a gift receipt.  I cannot be returned!

And then I get home to find out my good friend is now holding her new gift, a son.  A precious gift from God.  My heart is really exploding.

Elijah Stone Johnson
Amazing...we are a gift from the Father to the Son in which the Son gifts back to the Father.  Our children...gifts from the Lord...gifts we give back to Father.

I don't know, is it me or is that just so H.U.M.B.L.I.N.G!!!!!!!!!

"Jesus Christ is God's love gift to the world, so believers are Gods love gift to Jesus" ~John MacArthur 
a great sermon on the topic. 





No comments:

Post a Comment