Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Totally Depraved!!

God revealed to me that I still don't get it!!! (not that I thought I did...get it).  The other night at home fellowship we spoke about dieing to self.  Luke 9:23&24

A gal was sharing about how her feelings were hurt due to something that was said to her.  She said that if she could truly die to herself, she wouldn't have gotten upset and experienced the emotions she had.  And I said  "Yes but", ("yes but"...meaning I'm just about to justify this one), "God is the one who gave me these emotions." (aaaand there you go, my justification. Sure, blame it on God why don't ya). Wait I wasn't done there, it gets worse.  I then proceeded to say... "And when I am feeling like an emotional beast I have to work myself through those emotions" (as if I, with my entitled attitude, had the right to experience my fleshly emotions and as if I could actually work myself through them).  Yes, I do realize I deserved a spiritual spanking.  Thankfully someone then lovingly reminded me that those emotions are of the flesh and that is when self control comes in.  And then someone else reminded me that with self control we are to "take every thought captive"  2 Corinthians 10:5.  

I am of course talking about those sinful, not thinking the best of each other, angry, frustrated, impatient, entitled, I want to give my piece of mind, it's all about me, selfish type of emotions.

Funny cause, as I am writing this, this came to mind..."It's my party and I'll cry if I want to..."  poopy on the culture! 

It's amazing how much I have in common with my 2 year old.




 


  
 
  







No comments:

Post a Comment