Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Obedience first, Understand later

Have you ever discerned something but can't quite put it into words? I have those times. I know eventually God will spell it out for me but until then I need to heed to the Holy Spirit who whispered those words in the first place. Like the saying goes "obedience first, understand later".

So a while ago I started to ask God to reveal cultural things to me and bit by bit he has. I am sure you have heard the saying "wait a couple of years after you get married to have kids." It was said to me and in fact, I am sure I have probably said it too. I have daughters so I think of these things (marriage, children, etc.) often.

If I am suppose to raise my girls in the instruction of Lord then I want to make sure it is God's instructions coming out of my mouth and make sure I am not contradicting the scriptures.  Now, I know not all cultural sayings out there are contradictory to scripture but there are some I am really rethinking. This particular one my girls will never hear from me.

There is a responsibility and a purpose that comes with marriage and the bible is clear on that.

So like I said before I couldn't quite put words to my discerning thoughts but this guy sure did for me.

http://lawngospel.wordpress.com/2008/07/01/family-planning-lets-consider-a-pre-emptive-strike/

No comments:

Post a Comment