Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Few Good Resolutions

Really worth your time in reading...


All of them are so good but here are some that struck me...


4. Resolved, never to do any manner of thing, whether in soul or body, less or more, but what tends to the glory of God; nor be, nor suffer it, if I can avoid it.

10. Resolved, when I feel pain, to think of the pains of martyrdom, and of hell

12. Resolved, if I take delight in it as a gratification of pride, or vanity, or on any such account, immediately to throw it by.

15. Resolved, never to suffer the least motions of anger towards irrational beings.

21. Resolved, never to do any thing, which if I should see in another, I should count a just occasion to despise him for, or to think any way the more meanly of him.


25. Resolved, to examine carefully, and constantly, what that one thing in me is, which causes me in the least to doubt of the love of God; and to direct all my forces against it.

41. Resolved, to ask myself, at the end of every day, week, month and year, wherein I could possibly, in any respect, have done better. Jan. 11, 1723

69. Resolved, always to do that, which I shall wish I had done when I see others do it. Aug. 11, 1723.

No comments:

Post a Comment