Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Prayer I would like to memorize and have framed in my house


             The Belt Of Truth
Around my waist I put the belt of truth. Father, I commit myself to Jesus as the foundation of my life today. With your strength Lord, I will resist the temptation to stand on any worldly foundation. Jesus, you alone are my foundation for any situation that will arise today. (John 14:6)
            The Breastplate Of Righteousness
On my heart I put the breastplate of righteousness. I can fight any battle today because of the righteousness of Jesus, not my own! Jesus I declare that you are my righteousness and that though the victory of the cross I can stand victorious against temptation, sin and the attacks of our enemy. (2 Corinthians 5:12)
            The Shoes Of Readiness and Peace
On my feet, I put the shoes of the gospel. Father, prepare me by helping me known Jesus in a deeper way. Let your word become the guiding light for every step I take today and let the knowledge of the good news of Jesus’ death and resurrection be my source of peace. (Romans 5:1)
           The Shield Of Faith
In my hand I take up the shield of faith. Father, by faith, connect me to the power of Jesus. My desire is to trust in you and your strength alone. Protect me from the arrows of the enemy today as I rely on your power. Give me faith so I may go forward doing your will. (Hebrews 11:33–34)
            The Helmet Of Salvation
On my head, I receive the helmet of salvation. Jesus, you are my salvation. You are my deliverance. Deliver me from all sins and weaknesses – spiritual, physical, and emotional. Cover me with strength, peace and anointing and bring me to complete wholeness in you. (1 Thessalonians 5:8–9)
           The Sword Of The Spirit
In my hand I take up the sword of the Spirit, the powerful word of God. Jesus, you are the living version of God’s word. May God’s Word give me wisdom to apply the Word to life’s situations and today’s troubles. (Hebrews 4:12)


1 comment: