Trials teach us what we are; they dig up the soil, and let us see what we are made of. ~Charles Spurgeon

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lord, You're Hilarious!!!

Seriously the Lord is SO funny!  One of the things I remind my kids of when they are being sneaky or when we are asking them to tell us the truth, is that "your sins will find you out" which is stated in Numbers 32:23.  They are amazed every time God reveals their sin. Well today, on a whim, I decided we were going to have ice cream for a snack (I never do that!).  It was just that kind-of a day for me.  Madi was eating a piece of cheese and I told her to finish and then she could have her treat.  I was scooping out the ice cream, turned around and the cheese was gone.  To quick for her to have finished it, maybe?  I asked her if she had given it to the dog and she said no.  I asked her several times more and quietly she would say no.  I had a hunch that she was lying but, since I did not have proof, I gave her the ice cream.  The girls were outside eating their ice cream and all of a sudden I hear Grace yelling "mom the dog puked and madi's cheese is in it."  I walked out side to take a look and sure enough, there's the cheese!  Guess who lost their ice cream.  
I reminded the girls once again that their sins, one way or another, will be revealed.  They thought God was really funny by having the dog puke up Madi's cheese.  Another funny thing is, this dog rarely pukes! 


You don't want to know what the girls are telling me now..."Mom, the dog is eating his .....


No comments:

Post a Comment